Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Where are your stores located?
We are located on the main stretch of Charters Towers Road, where Cartridge World used to be, next to the car wash.
2. What are the trading hours for each store?
Monday to Friday - 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM
Saturday - 9.00 AM to 12.00 PM
3. Can anyone bring in machines for repair?
Yes, we can repair machines for anyone including home users, businesses, and educational institutions.
4. I am in charge of an educational institution or a business, can I get someone to pick up our broken machine(s)?
Yes, for regular centralised pickups we can definitely arrange a simple system for your organization. Please contact us to arrange this.
5. I have a broken machine with an extended warranty however it is not an AppleCare, can you still fix it?
We do a lot of work with insurance and warranty companies, so just drop it in and get your customer service representative to give us a call and we can expedite the repair.
6. How often should I get my machine serviced?
We recommend your machine should come in for an all points service check every 6 months. If your Apple computer is under warranty, we can do a free health check anytime to ensure there is no issues with the computer.
7. Can the Mac Doctors upgrade my computer?
8. I am looking for a backup solution to suit my needs, can you guys help with this?
Yes, from small data backup drives to large corporate RAID and NAS solutions, we love backups! Send us an email or contact us, and we will help work out a custom solution for you.
9. Does my Apple warranty cover any software problems or data backup?
Apple warranty does not cover software issues, for a small charge we can do this for you.
10. How long will my repair take?
Generally diagnostics are done within 1 business day and most repairs are completed within 3 business days. Some repairs can be done sooner depending on parts availability.
11. Does my AppleCare warranty cover accidental dents or physical damage?
No, it does not.
12. Do you charge by the hour for non-warranty items in store?
No, we have fixed up front pricing. So you know from the beginning that there are no hidden costs.
13. How will you notify me of the status of my repair?
We have an automated status update system which will automatically notify you via SMS and E-mail with job statuses, so you are always be kept up to date with your repair.
14. I have had my password reset, what is it again?
When we reset any passwords we leave it blank so you can change it at your convenience. If the computer asks you for one, just hit Ok!